This report is an add-on product. It is valid with a purchase which includes a DNA test.
*PLEASE NOTE: 23andMe V4 files do not provide the IFNG SNP. 23andMe V5 files do not include GSTM1 or GSTP1 SNPs.
The E4 (epsilon 4) form of the APOE gene has been associated with disorders of lipid metabolism (increased plasma cholesterol and triglyceride levels) and increased susceptibility to cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative conditions such Alzheimer’s disease.
Having the APOE 4 version of the gene is one of many risk factors and does not mean you will get any disease associated with it.
This DNA test examines APOE SNPs and other genetic variances that may impact or protect the brain from the inflammation, toxins and synaptic degeneration associated with different types of Alzheimer’s disease.
- personalised, colour coded genotype results
- gene function and SNP impact descriptions
- clinically relevant SNPs
- nutrient and other epigenetic impacts
- follow up functional testing options
- nutrition and lifestyle recommendations
- dynamic links to research evidence
APOE, TNF, IFN-gamma, BDNF, MTHFR, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1